Global Dry Shampoo Market Research Report
The Global Dry Shampoo Market is projected to reach USD 4.94 billion by 2025, at a CAGR of 6.7% between 2019 and 2025. The global dry shampoo market is highly competitive with the presence of many national and international players catering to the increasing demand.
There are several global brands dominating the dry shampoo market. Brands such as Batiste, Dove, Living Proof, TRESemme, Suave, Furterer, and Aveda are the most popular dry shampoos across the world. A high level of competition among the market players leads to product innovation, which, in turn, attracts consumers.
This factor is expected to drive the growth of the global dry shampoo market in the near future. To tap into the lucrative opportunities, many key players such as Unilever PLC, L’Oreal SA, The Estee Lauder Companies Inc., MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated, Procter & Gamble Company, Shiseido Company Ltd., and LVMH Group are investing in the dry shampoo market.
The market players are adopting mergers & acquisitions, expansions, and product launches as growth strategies. For instance, Kaia Naturals launched Takesumi Detox Overnight Dry Shampoo in May 2018; the product uses natural ingredients to eliminate odor and sweat and absorb oil and impurities from hair.
The global dry shampoo market has witnessed significant growth in recent years owing to the increasing demand for convenience haircare products. Dry shampoo has gained popularity owing to the busy lifestyles of the working population, demand for on-the-go hair care products, and growth of the retail sector. Increasing consumer spending on personal care products is expected to drive market growth further. Advancements in the e-commerce industry have created opportunities for players in this market to expand their consumer base.
Dry shampoo is used to reduce the greasiness of hair without having to wash it. Dry shampoo is available in the market in the form of powder and spray. The powder in dry shampoo absorbs the sebum in the hair, which is excreted from sebaceous glands and can give hair a greasy appearance. Starch is a common powder used in dry shampoo.
The propellant used for dry shampoo usually consists of butane, isobutane, and propane, which accounts for 70%–90% of the total composition. Market players offer organic and conventional dry shampoo at online and brick and mortar retail stores.
The increasing demand for organic products, the rising influence of beauty bloggers, and the growth of e-commerce channels are significantly contributing to the growth of the global dry shampoo market.
However, the widespread availability of substitutes such as conventional shampoo and high cost of dry shampoo are expected to create challenges for dry shampoo manufactures.
Increasing demand for convenience haircare products
- Growing demand for on-the-go hair care products: There is a rising preference for hair care products that require minimum time. Due to water scarcity in various parts of the world, consumers are adopting for dry shampoo. In 2019, almost 5 million Americans used the Suave dry shampoo, and Suave Professionals was the second leading US shampoo brand in the previous year.
- Easy availability of products in both online and offline retail stores
- Product offering by market players with different functions
- Increasing beauty consciousness
- Availability of substitutes
- High costs as compared to conventional shampoo
- Spray: The larger segment in this market. Dry shampoo in spray form is easy to apply to the roots and adds volume to the hair while eliminating residue build-up on the hair and scalp. The segment is also projected to register the highest CAGR.
- Powder: Powder is easily absorbed by the hair and scalp and provides even nourishment to every part of the head. The rising demand for aerosol-free products, including dry shampoo, is expected to boost the growth of the segment.
- Anti-Dandruff: The largest segment in this market. Anti-dandruff dry shampoo is popular among consumers in Asia-Pacific, South America, and Europe.
- Color Protection: A color-protecting shampoo protects hair color from fading and helps maintain shine and smoothness, eventually making the hair color last longer. Color protection dry shampoo is in high demand in the US, Canada, the UK, Italy, and France.
- Hair Loss Protection: Market players are offering organic dry shampoo aimed at hair loss protection. These shampoos do not contain any chemicals and parabens.
- Daily Care: This shampoo is used for daily hair care and to maintain a non-greasy look. It can be used for all hair types.
- Multi-Function: Multi-function shampoos serve various purposes such as cleaning the hair and scalp, reducing dandruff, color protection, and maintaining hair volume and shine. These shampoos are becoming increasingly popular due to the rising demand for convenience personal care products across the globe.
By Distribution Channel
- Store-Based: A majority of dry shampoo is sold through store-based retailers. The store-based segment accounted for the larger share of the global dry shampoo market in 2018. Consumers prefer store-based channels as they can verify the quality of the product before purchasing. This segment has been further divided into hypermarkets and supermarkets, specialty stores, pharmacies, and others. The specialty store segment is dominating the market.
- Non-Store-Based: The non-store-based segment is expected to register a higher CAGR during the forecast period. The growth of the segment is driven by the rising number of e-commerce websites such as Alibaba, Amazon, and Flipkart, offering a wide range of products to consumers. Most dry shampoo manufacturers sell their products online on e-commerce platforms where consumers can choose from a wide variety.
- North America: The North American market held the largest market share of 36% of the global dry shampoo market in 2018 and is expected to remain dominant during the forecast period.
- Europe: With rising awareness regarding scalp-related issues and hairfall, consumers in Europe are increasingly inclined toward herbal and natural haircare solutions, which is fueling the growth of the dry shampoo market in the region.
- Asia-Pacific: Asia-Pacific has a large customer base for dry shampoo. The market in this region is projected to register the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
- Rest of the World: Growing consumer awareness regarding beauty and personal well-being and increasing per capita disposable income are propelling the growth of the dry shampoo market in the region.
- Unilever Plc (Dove) (UK)
- L’Oreal SA (Elvive) (France)
- The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (Living Proof) (US)
- Procter & Gamble Company (Water L<SS) (US)
- MacAndrews & Forbes Incorporated (US)
- Shiseido Company Ltd. (Japan)
- Pierre Fabre (Paris)
- LVMH Group (France)
- Church & Dwight Co., Inc. (US)
- Coty Inc. (US)
- Henkel AG & Company KGaA (Germany)
- Kao Corporation (Japan)
- Lush Australia (Australia)
- Pierre Fabre Dermo-Cosmetique USA, Inc. (US)
- Cult Beauty Ltd. (UK)
Global Dry Shampoo Market Research Report
- Cassiopea Announces First Patient to be Enrolled in Phase II Trial for Alopecia
- Surgical Robotics Transforming the Smart Healthcare
- Worldwide Hair Transplant Market Key Players
- Europe Dandruff Treatment Market
- Robotic Hair Transplant System Market
- Global Hair Loss and Growth Treatments
- A generous haircut
- RepliCels Cell Therapy for androgenetic alopecia Proceeds to Clinical Trial Launch in Japan
- Taxotere Hair Loss Lawsuits Move Forward
- Top Tips for FUE Recovery