August is National Hair Loss Awareness Month
August is National Hair Loss Awareness Month and Hair Experts at Bauman Medical Say the Focus Should be on Prevention and Treatment
August is about sun, fun, relaxing with family and…hair loss? Since an estimated 80 million Americans, both men and women, experience some level of hair loss, August’s National Hair Loss Awareness Month is all about “Prevention and Treatment.”
Dr. Alan Bauman of Bauman Medical http://www.baumanmedical.com, a world leader in hair transplantation, restoration and the treatment of hair loss has assembled a simple “Cheat Sheet” to help you keep your hair, keep it healthy and what treatments to consider if and when you start to lose it.
“The Bauman Medical ‘Cheat Sheet’ is all about helping men and women stay out in front of potential hair loss then dealing with it decisively if it occurs. Awareness and acting early are the key ingredients to improving the odds that your hair will be with you in as best a condition as possible for as long as possible,” said Alan J. Bauman, M.D., Medical Director at Bauman Medical.
1) DESIRE-Your hair is a clear sign of your youth, health and vitality so monitoring it and having the DESIRE to so something if you’re losing it should be of critical importance. Research shows that most people who have undergone treatment for hair loss wish they started sooner. DON’T WAIT!
2) DETECT, DIAGNOSE & MEASURE EARLY-New measurement and evaluation tools abound and Hair Restoration Physicians and M.D.’s, can help accurately diagnose, measure and monitor your condition.
3) ID RISK FACTORS-A family history of hair loss, over-styling and use of harsh chemicals, illness, certain medications, smoking and poor diet can all impact hair health and influence hair loss. Knowing about, and reducing as many risk factors as possible, moves the odds more in your favor.
4) EARLY TREATMENT-If you have the desire, and you should, don’t wait to take action to reduce your risk of further hair loss. There are non-invasive therapies that can be deployed and if need be, more intensive yet minimally invasive procedures that can helping thinning, balding and overall hair density on the scalp.
5) WORK WITH A CREDENTIALED SPECIALIST -Don’t be fooled by elixirs and “miracle hair-growth cures.” Hair restoration is a clinically recognized medical sub-specialty so working with someone who is properly credentialed, experienced and gains positive reviews is the smartest way to go.
“Once you’ve done all you think you can to prevent hair loss and if the condition persists, the next step is treatment and today there are more options than ever,” said Dr. Bauman. “Because of the advancements made in both treatment regimens and improved technologies for both men and women, hair loss is certainly a treatable condition.”
A few of the cutting-edge treatment options to consider and ask your “board-certified hair restoration physician” about:
- ARTAS Robotic-Assisted FUE Hair Transplant
- No-Linear-Scar NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant
- 3D Printed Hair Systems
- Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) (Vampire) Therapy
- Compounded 82M Minoxidil
- Low Level Laser Therapy
- Nutritionals & Nutraceuticals
- Genetic Testing
- HairCheck® Hair Measurements
- Scalp Makeovers
“Assembling the right information, acting upon it at the right time and working with a bona-fide hair restoration and treatment physician when it comes to hair maintenance, restoration and treatment can make all the difference,” said Dr. Bauman.
About Bauman Medical Group
Bauman Medical Group was founded in 1997 with a single mission…to improve the appearance and well-being of its patients through optimum hair health and hair restoration. Under the leadership of its founder, Dr. Alan Bauman, one of only 100 physicians worldwide to earn Board Certification from the prestigious American and International Board of Hair Restoration Surgery, Bauman Medical delivers exceptional and consistent results and has treated over 17,000 hair loss patients while conducting more than 7,000 surgical procedures since its inception.
In addition to Dr. Bauman being a frequently invited guest expert and faculty member at many major international medical conferences and consulting worldwide, he also sees patients and performs procedures personally at Bauman Medical Hair Transplant and Hair Loss Treatment Center — his nearly 12,000 sq. ft. stand-alone medical facility located in downtown Boca Raton.