Global Dandruff Treatment Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The dandruff treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.8% in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 11.915.15 million by 2028 from USD 7,645.23 million in 2020.
Increasing awareness regarding the scalp condition and growing urbanization, availability of various dandruff treatment substitutes is the key drivers of the market for the global dandruff treatment market.
Dandruff is a scalp issue that is recognized by the presence of corneocytes that have the ability to shape groups. These bunches are white to yellowish scales and cause tingling at influenced zone. Dandruff generally influences during adolescence to middle age stage as this is the stage when sebaceous organ is at the exceptionally dynamic stage. There are different causes related to dandruff in which Malassezia furfur, a growth turns into the ruling element. Also, bacterial development over the scalp harms the scalp layer corneum.
Dandruff treatment products hence target these microbes in several ways. Zinc pyrithione is used in most anti-dandruff products as it has anti-fungal activity. The other antifungal drugs indicated for dandruff treatment are ketoconazole, climbazole, selenium sulphide among others. Herbal products used for dandruff treatment are herbal oils that include tea tree oils, rosemary oil, lemon oil, neem, basil, cedarwood among others.
The demand for dandruff treatment has been increased in both developed as well as in developing countries and the reason behind this is the increasing number of Malassezia species in the environment. The dandruff treatment market is growing due to the introduction of innovative products, increasing e-commerce of hair care products and rising disposable income. The market will grow in the forecasted period due to exploration of emerging markets, strategic initiatives by market players and increasing awareness regarding hair problems.
The dandruff treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, the impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Global Dandruff Treatment Market Scope and Market Size
The global dandruff treatment market is categorized into eight notable segments which are based on basis of type, mode of prescription, product, drug type, age group, gender, end-user and distribution type.
- On the basis of type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into fungal dandruff, dry skin-related dandruff, oily scalp-related dandruff, disease-related dandruff. In 2021, fungal dandruff is dominating the market as a fungus called Malassezia is considered to be the main cause of dandruff. Although dandruff can be caused by several simultaneous reasons, the level of a fungus is one of the strongest contributing factors. A large number of dandruff treatment products aimed at restoring the microbiome of the scalp and hence controlling the fungus.
- On the basis of the mode of prescription, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into OTC, prescription. In 2021, OTC mode is dominating the market as most of the dandruff treatment products can be used at home without any prescription. These products are used over the skin and do not enter the body, making them safe for self-supervision. The easy availability of these products also attribute to the high share of OTC products in the dandruff treatment market.
- On the basis of product, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into non-medicated, medicated. In 2021, non-medicated products are dominating in the global dandruff treatment market as more than 50% of adults are affected by this transient condition that does not cause any significant medical conditions. Most of the products for dandruff treatment are available over-the-counter and prove effective in controlling the symptoms.
- On the basis of drug type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into branded, generics. In 2021, branded products are dominating the global dandruff treatment market as most of the products constitute shampoos and oils manufactured by well-known global companies. Due to significant product promotion, consumer awareness is very high for several products making the branded products more common.
- On the basis of age group, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into adults, paediatrics, neonates. In 2021, adults are dominating in the global dandruff treatment market as the dandruff effects 50% of adults over different time periods primary due to fungus infection, dry scalp and sebum production. Moreover the number of adults affected by dandruff is very high as compared to pediatrics and neonates. Hence, adults are the primary users of dandruff treatment products.
- On the basis of gender, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into male, female. In 2021, male population is dominating in the global dandruff treatment market as in addition to fungus and dryness, higher sebum levels are also associated with the condition. Hence, more men are affected with dandruff as compared to women. This can be attributed to the changes in the activity of the sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin, such as the hike in sebum production around adolescence, increasing its likelihood.
- On the basis of end user, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into homecare, dermatology centers, specialty clinics, others. In 2021, homecare is dominating in the global dandruff treatment market due to the self-administration nature of most products. The symptoms are easily recognizable and not medically detrimental. Hence, effected individuals tend to take care of themselves in most cases.
- On the basis of distribution type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into supermarkets/hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies, retail stores, online stores, others. In 2021, supermarkets /hypermarkets are dominating in the market as the sources of highest sales of consumer products. These establishments have large varieties of dandruff treatment products ranging from simplest products to premium products and the consumer can choose as per requirement. As a result, consumers prefer supermarkets /hypermarkets due to availability of choices.
Dandruff Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The dandruff treatment market is analysed and market size information is provided by type, mode of prescription, product, drug type, age group, gender, end user and distribution type.
The countries covered in the dandruff treatment market report are the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Russia, Poland, Turkey, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Hungary, Austria, Norway, Ireland, Lithuania, Rest of Europe, China, Japan, India, Australia, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Vietnam, Rest of Asia-Pacific, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Rest of South America, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, Egypt and Rest of Middle East and Africa.
The U.S. in North America has the highest household spending in the world and offers trade agreements with several countries making it the largest market for consumer products including dandruff treatment products. China is expected to dominate in the market in the Asia-Pacific market. China is one of the leading countries in the world with rapidly increasing product usage and treatment rate with rising awareness regarding Malassezia species. Germany in Europe is expected to grow with the most promising growth rate in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 with changing lifestyle and growing urbanization.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Dandruff Treatment Market
Dandruff treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in aesthetic industry with dandruff treatment product sales, impact of advancement in the dandruff treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the dandruff treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2018.
Competitive Landscape and Dandruff Treatment Market Share Analysis
Dandruff treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to dandruff treatment market.
The major companies providing dandruff treatment are Alliance Pharma PLC, Arcadia Consumer Healthcare, Vyome Therapeutics Inc., ACTICON LIFE SCIENCES, JOHN PAUL MITCHELL SYSTEMS, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (A Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.), JĀSÖN Natural Products, Inc. (A Subsidiary of Hain Celestial), Cipla Inc., Nikole Kozemetics, PHYTO, DABUR, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited, Kao Corporation, L’OCCITANE EN PROVENCE INTERNATIONAL SA. (A Subsidiary of Groupe L’OCCITANE), PROCTER & GAMBLE, Philip Kingsley Products Ltd., Unilever, HENKEL AG & CO. KGAA, L’OREAL S.A., SOVEREIGN CHEMICALS & COSMETICS, M.M. AYURVEDIC (P) LTD., Arion Healthcare, Viencee Cosmatics, Sebapharma, AVON Beauty Products India Pvt Ltd, among others among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launch and agreement are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the dandruff treatment market.
- In February 2019, Dabur launched two newproducts in the existing product portfolioof hair care products. This new productfound enhanced the company’s productportfolio and boosted the company’s revenue.
Collaboration, joint ventures and other strategies by the market player is enhancing the company market in the dandruff treatment market which also provides the benefit for organisation to improve their offering for dandruff treatment market.
Global Dandruff Treatment Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
- New technique may reveal the health of human hair follicles
- Blog Series on the Cost of Hair Transplants
- Positive CTP-543 Results from Phase 2 Alopecia Areata Trial
- COVID Vaccine Can Also Help With Hair Loss
- Taxotere and Permanent Hair Loss Lawsuits
- Early Extinct Mammal Suffered From Prehistoric Hair Loss
- Gorrin Surgical, San Francisco’s Top Hair Transplant Clinic, Releases Post on Its Unique Advantages
- Zion Health Brings Thinning-Damaged Hair Solutions to Marquette Food Co-op in Michigan
- Dr Schreiber named Baltimore Top Doctor 2017
- ISHRS Launches Fight The Fight Public Awareness Campaign