Global Alopecia Treatment Market
The Alopecia Treatment market is expected to grow in the future due to a rising R&D activity to improve treatment options and accelerated regulatory approvals.
There are five major kinds of alopecia to be specific such as androgenic alopecia, alopecia areata, alopecia totalis, cicatricial alopecia, and telogen effluvium.
The rising prevalence of chronic diseases, such as acute stress disorder, Polycystic Ovary Disease (PCOD), hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism, cancer, lupus, and hypopituitarism across the globe, is expected to augment the revenue growth over the forecast period.
- Surge in Geriatric Population
- Rise in Prevalence of Alopecia Conditions such as Androgenic Alopecia, Alopecia Areata, Alopecia Totalis, and Others
- Increase in Prevalence of Chemotherapy-Induced Alopecia
- Technological Advancements and the Development of Novel Therapeutic Drugs
- Lack of Reimbursement Policies
- High Cost of Medications
- Surge in Patient Awareness Regarding the Alopecia Totalis Disorder
- Large Presence of Pharmaceutical Companies
- Side Effects, Reactions, and Allergies Caused by Alopecia Treatments
The global Alopecia Treatment market is witnessing a rise in competitiveness among the players. In terms of market share, the major players are currently dominating. However, some of the companies are increasing the market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets.
Some of the key players profiled in the report are Johnson & JohnsonServices, Inc. (United States), Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (India), Cipla Inc. (India), Lexington International LLC (United States), Merck & Co., Inc. (United States), Vita-Cos-Med Klett-Loch GmbH (Germany), Cirrus Hair Centers (United States), Transitions Hair Pty Ltd. (United States), Capillus (United States) and Follica, Inc. (United States). Analyst at AMA Research see United States Players to retain maximum share of Global Alopecia Treatment market by 2025.
Considering Market by Drug, the sub-segment i.e. Minoxidil will boost the Alopecia Treatment market. Considering Market by Sales Channel, the sub-segment i.e. Prescriptions will boost the Alopecia Treatment market. Considering Market by End User, the sub-segment i.e. Hospitals will boost the Alopecia Treatment market.
Latest Market Insights:
In Mar 2020, Eli Lilly and Company and Incyte Corporation announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to baricitinib for the treatment of alopecia areata (AA), an autoimmune disorder that can cause unpredictable hair loss on the scalp, face and other areas of the body.
In June 2020, Follica, Inc. announced positive feedback from a meeting with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as the company prepares to advance its lead program into Phase 3 development following a successful safety and efficacy optimization study for the treatment of hair loss in male androgenetic alopecia announced in December 2019., and In Oct 2020, Histogen Inc. announced the completion of patient dosing in its Phase 1b/2a clinical trial of HST-001, designed to assess the safety, tolerability, and indicators of efficacy of HST-001 for the treatment of androgenic alopecia in men.
Global Alopecia Treatment Market
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy for hair loss
- Hair Loss Awareness Month
- Global Hair Loss and Growth Treatments
- Dr Bassin Reaches No. 1 on Amazon Best Seller List
- InventHelp Inventor Develops Hair-Care Formulas
- Langdon Center Announces Hair Restoration with PRP
- Study Results for the Treatment of Androgenic Alopecia
- Los Angeles Hair Transplant Surgeon Expands Medical Practice
- Breakthrough Therapy for Alopecia Areata
- Hair Institute Announces New Monthly Blog Archive