Medicated Shampoo Market Size 2019-2025
The global medicated shampoo market size was valued at USD 12.0 billion in 2018. Rising hair related problems including severe dandruff, hair fall, dryness, and itchy scalp due to pollution and other climate changes are the key driving factors in the market. These trends have triggered hair care manufacturers to come up with customized shampoos that can meet the requirements of the consumers.
In addition, increasing disposable income among middle-income groups in the developing economies including China, India, and Brazil is enabling the consumers to raise their spending for medicated shampoo products.
Over the past few years, consumers have been suffering from various hair problems due to which several brands have emerged rapidly and advance product offerings have impacted the medicated shampoo market growth positively.
Hair related problems are escalating owing to long exposure to sunlight or UV rays, unhealthy eating habits, unhygienic atmosphere, and presence of other dangerous chemicals.
As a result, these trends have propelled the manufacturers to launch new products in the form of medicated shampoos that can provide a reliable solution. Medicated shampoo is also used in treating fungal infection of scalp, conditions like stubborn dandruff, and to control itchy and flaky scalp.
Launch of new advanced medicated shampoos is gaining popularity among many youngsters, thereby drawing more demand for these products. Given the fact that these products offer many benefits, people of different age groups are getting lured to deal with their hair related problems.
Rising awareness regarding the importance of healthy hair, which defines an individual’s personality, is pulling in more attention towards these products and ultimately increasing the demand for shampoo. Eventually, popularity and consumer preference for medicated shampoos are increasing due to the fruitful results offered by them.
Market Segmentation, Outlook & Viewpoint: Global Medicated Shampoo Market
Treatment Market Segmentation & Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
Dandruff & Sebborheic Dermatis
Distribution Channel Market Segmentation & Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion, 2014 – 2025)
Key Players, Recent Developments & Regional Insights: Global Medicated Shampoo Market
Hypermarkets/Supermarkets generated a revenue of USD 5.6 billion in 2018. Increasing number of supermarkets in developing economies including India and China as a result of supportive investment policies by the domestic governments for offline retail firms is expected to remain a favorable factor for the segment growth.
The online channel is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR of 3.9% from 2019 to 2025. Various benefits including home delivery, various attractive offers, and coupon codes are making e-commerce websites more popular these days. The offline medium is expected to witness a decline owing to growing popularity of online channel and consumer preferences for e-commerce portals.
North America is expected to expand at a CAGR of 2.7% from 2019 to 2025. This trend is expected to continue over the forecast period due to presence of major industry players including Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.; Coty Inc.; and Procter & Gamble. Rising awareness regarding personal hygiene and easy availability of a wide range of products are driving the market in this region.
Europe held a significant share of more than 20.0% in 2018. Key markets of this region include France, Germany, U.K., and Italy. High spending ability of the major population in this region is encouraging many manufacturers to invest in R&D to cater to the needs and requirements of the consumers.
Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the fastest CAGR of 3.5% from 2019 to 2025. Rising awareness among people to maintain healthy hair and scalp and increasing disposable income of consumers in developing economies like
India and China are propelling the demand for these products in this region. In India, Himalaya Company is one of the key players that manufactures anti-dandruff shampoos that deal with sensitive scalp issues.
Medicated Shampoo Market Share Insights
Key players in this market include Procter & Gamble; Coty Inc.; Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.; Avalon Natural Products; Himalaya Herbal Healthcare; Sanofi-Aventis Groupe; and Summers Laboratories Inc. In March 2017, Procter & Gamble launched a new product under the brand name, Head & Shoulders Men Ultra, which promises to deal with various hair problems such as excess oily scalp and helps in instant clean scalp, removing flakes, and rejuvenating hair texture.
Key Insights Covered: Global Medicated Shampoo Market
1. North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America market size (sales, revenue and growth rate) of Medicated Shampoo industry.
2. Global major manufacturers’ operating situation (sales, revenue, growth rate and gross margin) of Medicated Shampoo industry.
3. Global major countries (United States, Canada, Germany, France, UK, Italy, Russia, Spain, China, Japan, Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Middle East, Africa, Mexico, Brazil, C. America, Chile, Peru, Colombia) market size (sales, revenue and growth rate) of Medicated Shampoo industry.
4. SWOT analysis, New Project Investment Feasibility Analysis, Upstream raw materials and manufacturing equipment & Industry chain analysis of Medicated Shampoo industry.
5. Global market size (sales, revenue) forecast by regions and countries from 2019 to 2024 of Medicated Shampoo industry.
Research Methodology: Global Medicated Shampoo Market
Data collection and base year analysis is done using data collection modules with large sample sizes. The market data is analyzed and forecasted using market statistical and coherent models. Also market share analysis and key trend analysis are the major success factors in the market report. To know more please Request a Sample Report.
Demand Side Primary Contributors: OEMs, Industrial Professionals, Researches, Suppliers and Distributors, Group Purchasing Organizations, Associations, Insurers, Universities, Technological Writers, Scientists, Promoters, Investors among others.
Supply Side Primary Contributors: Product Managers, Marketing Managers, C-Level Executives, Distributors, Market Intelligence, Regulatory Affairs Managers among other
Medicated Shampoo Market Size 2019-2025
- Hair Loss and Growth Devices Market
- Bay Area Hair Transplant Leader, Silicon Valley Hair Institute Announces New Review Milestone on Yelp
- Trivellini Announces the Latest Technology in Hair Restoration
- The Canadian Institute of Hair and Scalp Specialists Releases Expert Tips on Hair Care
- New Report Says Stress Can Cause Hair Loss in Men
- Global Androgenic Alopecia Drug Market Report 2019
- Dr. U Releases Nine Year Update on Patient With Leg Hair Grafts Inserted For Hairline Restoration
- Entia Bioscieces Study Achieves Improved Hair and Nail Health