Europe Dandruff Treatment Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
The dandruff treatment market is expected to gain market growth in the forecast period of 2021 to 2028. Data Bridge Market Research analyses that the market is growing with a CAGR of 5.8%i n the forecast period of 2021 to 2028 and is expected to reach USD 11.915.15 million by 2028. The increasing awareness regarding the scalp condition and the availability of products are key drivers for European dandruff treatment market.
Dandruff is a scalp disorder that is identified by the presence of corneocytes that have the capacity to form clusters. These clusters are white to yellowish scales and cause itching at the affected area. Dandruff mostly affects during puberty to middle age stage as this is the stage when sebaceous gland are at highly active stage. There are various causes associated with dandruff in which malassezia furfur, a fungi becomes the dominating factor. Moreover, bacterial growth over the scalp damages the scalp stratum corneum.
Dandruff treatment products hence target these microbes in several ways. Zinc pyrithione is used in most of the anti-dandruff products as it has anti-fungal activity. The other anti–fungal drugs indicated for dandruff treatment are ketoconazole, climbazole, selenium sulphide among others. Herbal products used for dandruff treatment are herbal oils that include tea tree oils, rosemary oil, lemon oil, neem, basil, cedar wood among others.
The demand for dandruff treatment has been increased in both developed as well as in developing countries and the reason behind this is the increasing number of malassezia species in environment. The dandruff treatment market is growing due to introduction of innovative products, increasing e-commerce of hair care products and rising disposable income. The market will grow in the forecasted period due to exploration of emerging markets, strategic initiatives by market players and increasing awareness regarding hair problems.
The dandruff treatment market report provides details of market share, new developments, and product pipeline analysis, impact of domestic and localised market players, analyses opportunities in terms of emerging revenue pockets, changes in market regulations, product approvals, strategic decisions, product launches, geographic expansions, and technological innovations in the market. To understand the analysis and the market scenario contact us for an Analyst Brief, our team will help you create a revenue impact solution to achieve your desired goal.
Europe Dandruff Treatment Market Scope and Market Size
The dandruff treatment market is categorized into eight notable segments which are based on the type, mode of prescription, product, drug type, age group, gender, end user and distribution type. The growth among segments helps you analyse niche pockets of growth and strategies to approach the market and determine your core application areas and the difference in your target markets.
- On the basis of type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into fungal dandruff, dry skin-related dandruff, oily scalp-related dandruff, disease related dandruff. In 2021, fungal dandruff segment is dominating as a fungus called Malassezia is considered to be the main cause of dandruff. Although dandruff can be caused by several simultaneous reasons, the level of a fungus is one of the strongest contributing factors. A large number of dandruff treatment products aim at restoring the microbiome of scalp and hence controlling the fungus
- On the basis of mode of prescription, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into OTC and prescription. In 2021, OTC segment is dominating as most of the dandruff treatment products can be used at home without any prescription. These products are used over the skin and do not enter the body, making them safe for self-supervision. The easy availability of these products also attribute to the high share of OTC products in the dandruff treatment market.
- On the basis of product, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into non-medicated and medicated. In 2021, non-medicated segment is dominating as more than 50% of adults are affected by this transient condition that does not cause any significant medical conditions. Most of the products for dandruff treatment are available over-the-counter and prove effective in controlling the symptoms.
- On the basis of drug type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into branded and generics. In 2021, branded segment is dominating as most of the products constitute shampoos and oils manufactured by well-known global companies. Due to significant product promotion, consumer awareness is very high for several products making the branded products more common. On the basis of age group, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into adults, paediatrics and neonates. In 2021, adults segment is dominating as the dandruff effects 50% of adults over different time period primary due to fungus infection, dry scalp and sebum production. Moreover the number of adults affected by dandruff is very high as compared to paediatrics and neonates. Hence, adults are the primary users of dandruff treatment products.
- On the basis of gender, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into male and female. In 2021, male segment is dominating as in addition to fungus and dryness, higher sebum levels are also associated with the condition. Hence, more men are affected with dandruff as compared to women. This can be attributed to the changes in the activity of the sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin, such as the hike in sebum production around adolescence, increasing its likelihood.
- On the basis of end user, the market is segmented into homecare, dermatology centers, specialty clinics, others. In 2020, homecare is dominating in the global dandruff treatment market due to the self-administration nature of most products. The symptoms are easily recognizable and not medically detrimental. Hence, effected individuals tend to take care of themselves in most cases.
- On the basis of distribution type, the dandruff treatment market is segmented into supermarkets /hypermarkets, convenience stores, pharmacies, retail stores, online stores and others. In 2021, supermarkets /hypermarkets segment is dominating as the sources of highest sales of consumer products. These establishments have large varieties of dandruff treatment products ranging from simplest products to premium products and the consumer can choose as per requirement. As a result, consumers prefer supermarkets /hypermarkets due to availability of choices.
Dandruff Treatment Market Country Level Analysis
The dandruff treatment market is analysed and market size information is provided by the country, type, mode of prescription, product, drug type, age group, gender, end user and distribution type as referenced above.The countries covered in the dandruff treatment market report are the Germany France, Italy, U.K., Spain, Netherlands, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey, Austria, Norway, Hungary, Belgium, Lithuania, Ireland, Poland, Rest of Europe.
Europe is expected to grow with the highest CAGR in the forecasted period as in the growing prevalence of Malassezia species related dandruff. Germany is expected to dominate in the market in the Europe market As Germany is one of the leading countries in automation with increasing number of domestic companies operating in the market.
The country section of the report also provides individual market impacting factors and changes in regulation in the market domestically that impacts the current and future trends of the market. Data points such as new sales, replacement sales, country demographics, regulatory acts and import-export tariffs are some of the major pointers used to forecast the market scenario for individual countries. Also, presence and availability of global brands and their challenges faced due to large or scarce competition from local and domestic brands, impact of sales channels are considered while providing forecast analysis of the country data.
Strategic Initiatives by Manufactures is Creating New Opportunities for Players in the Dandruff Treatment Market
Dandruff Treatment market also provides you with detailed market analysis for every country growth in dandruff treatment product sales, impact of advancement in the dandruff treatment and changes in regulatory scenarios with their support for the dandruff treatment market. The data is available for historic period 2010 to 2019.
Competitive Landscape and Dandruff Treatment Market Share Analysis
Dandruff Treatment market competitive landscape provides details by competitor. Details included are company overview, company financials, revenue generated, market potential, investment in research and development, new market initiatives, production sites and facilities, company strengths and weaknesses, product launch, product trials pipelines, product approvals, patents, product width and breath, application dominance, technology lifeline curve. The above data points provided are only related to the company’s focus related to dandruff treatment market.
- The major companies providing dandruff treatment are Alliance Pharma PLC, ACTICON LIFE SCIENCES, JOHN PAUL MITCHELL SYSTEMS, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. (A Subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.), Cipla Inc., PHYTO, DABUR, Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited, Kao Corporation, L’OCCITANE EN PROVENCE INTERNATIONAL SA. (A Subsidiary of Groupe L’OCCITANE), PROCTER & GAMBLE, HENKEL AG & CO. KGAA, L’OREAL S.A among others among other domestic and global players. DBMR analysts understand competitive strengths and provide competitive analysis for each competitor separately.
Many product launches and agreements are also initiated by the companies’ worldwide which are also accelerating the dandruff treatment market. For instance,
- In February 2019, Dabur launched two new products in the existing product portfolio of hair care products. This new product found enhanced the company’s product portfolio and boosted the company’s revenue.
Europe Dandruff Treatment Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2028
- Hair Expert and Author Toni Love Presents Third Annual Toni Love Hair Loss and Business Conference
- Hair Club Shares 10 Reasons Why You Should Use Conditioner Regularly
- RepliCel Life Sciences Selected to Present at Cavendish Global Health Impact Forum
- Toronto Facial Cosmetic Surgery Center Announces Innovative Hair Loss Treatment with PRP
- Pai-Shau Launches Something To BeLeave-In
- Dr Boden Applauds Push to Educate Patients of Dangers of Unlicensed Technicians Performing Hair Restoration Surgery
- Post on the Importance of a Specialist
- Los Angeles Hair Transplant Surgeon Publishes His Newest Book Modern Hair Restoration
- Praxis honours Hairline International with Best Hair Transplant Clinic in India award
- The Canadian Institute of Hair and Scalp Specialists Responds to Recent Study Claiming Certain Supplements Improve Female Hair Loss Conditions