ARTAS® Robotic Hair Restoration System to be Showcased at the World Congress of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
Restoration Robotics, Inc. announced today that the ARTAS® Robotic Hair Restoration System will be highlighted at the 25th World Congress of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS), which will be held in Prague, Czech Republic from October 4-7, 2017.
The ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System will also be featured at the World Live Surgery Workshop (WLSW) – FUE Immersion in Polanica Zdrój, Poland from October 1-2, 2017 as part of the ISHRS program.
ISHRS is a global non-profit medical association and the leading authority on hair loss treatment and restoration with more than 1,200 members in 70 countries worldwide.
Ryan Rhodes, President and Chief Executive Officer of Restoration Robotics, said, “We will have a strong presence at this year’s ISHRS World Congress, which will provide a significant opportunity to showcase the ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System to a targeted group of healthcare professionals focused specifically on hair restoration.
At the World Live Surgery Workshop we will demonstrate a live ARTAS procedure and at the ISHRS World Congress there will be several physician-led sessions and multiple poster presentations discussing the ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System.”
The ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System will be highlighted in the following sessions at the WLSW – FUE Immersion and ISHRS World Congress (all times are CEST):
- Monday, October 2, 2017 from 2:00 – 6:00 pm – Craig L. Ziering, DO, FISHRS from the United States will perform a live procedure utilizing the ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System for robotic follicular unit extraction (FUE) and manual implantation.
- Wednesday, October 4, 2017 from 12:30 – 4:00 pm – Edward A.M. Ball, BMBS, DPD, MRCS and Aman Dua, MBBS, MD will host a Hands-on Work Station on FUE harvesting (manual, hand held machine, and robotic) as part of the 2017 Basics Course for newcomers to the field of hair restoration surgery.
- Thursday, October 5, 2017 from 5:26 – 5:33 pm – Hyo Kang, MD from Korea, will present “The Technical Tips for Favorable Results of ARTAS Robotic Surgery in East Asian People” in a surgical video and Q&A session.
- Friday, October 6, 2017 from 8:00 – 9:00 am – Ivan S. Cohen, MD, FISHRS and Craig L. Ziering, DO, FISHRS, both from the United States, will host a discussion table open to all attendees on robotic-assisted FUE.
- Friday, October 6, 2017 from 4:00 – 5:30 pm – Robert H. True, MD, MPH, FISHRS from the United States will direct a physician’s-only afternoon workshop on robotic-assisted FUE featuring presentations from Robert M. Bernstein, MD, FISHRS, Bessam K. Farjo, MBChB, FISHRS, James A. Harris, MD, FISHRS, Juan C. Maldonado, MD, Paul T. Rose, MD, JD, FISHRS, Ken L. Williams, Jr., DO, FISHRS,Craig L. Ziering, DO, and Gabe Zingaretti, PhD.
The ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System and robotic procedures will also be highlighted in two poster presentations at the ISHRS World Congress:
- Poster 31 – Hair Line Designing, Density, 3D Planning and Robotic Graft Extraction Pros and Cons of Newer Technology. Poster author: Sanjay Y. Parashar, MBBS, MS, MCh from the UAE.
- Poster 51 – Robotic Hair Transplantation: New Simultaneous Harvesting and Implantation Technique. Poster author: Juan C. Maldonado, MD from Colombia.
Restoration Robotics is a lead exhibitor at WLSW – FUE Immersion and the 25th World Congress of the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. Restoration Robotics management team members will be available to meet with healthcare professionals interested in the ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System at Booth #3 at the ISHRS World Congress.
About Restoration Robotics
Restoration Robotics, Inc., (San Jose, CA) is a privately held medical device company developing and commercializing the ARTAS® Robotic Hair Transplant System. We believe the ARTAS Robotic Hair Restoration System is the first and only physician-assisted system to harvest follicular units directly from the scalp and create recipient implant sites using proprietary algorithms. The company has unique expertise in machine vision, image guidance, visual servoing and robotics, as well as developing intuitive interfaces to manage these technologies. Restoration Robotics is located in the heart of the high-technology center of Silicon Valley.