Hair Facts

Hair loss infograhpics

 

On average it has been found that a person has roughly 100,000 hairs on their head.

Blondes have the highest hair count on average 140,000.

Redheads have the lowest hair count with an average of 90,000.

A single strand of hair is stronger than a copper wire with the same diameter.

Hair is mostly keratin, which is also what the outer layer of skin and fingernails are made from.

For hair loss to really be noticeable, you would need to have lost around about 50% of your hair.

On an average day, we lose between 50 to 100 hairs.

After bone marrow hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body.

When wet hair becomes very elastic and can be stretched by up to 30% without being damaged.

At any given time, Only 90 percent of the hair on your scalp is growing, while the other 10 percent are in the resting phase.

Hair grows not just on your head, but nearly everywhere over your body. The only place that it doesn’t – is on the soles of your feet, your lips, your eyelids and the palms of your hands.

Wet hair becomes very elastic when it’s wet and can stretch by up to 30% without being damaged.

Human hair facts

Did you know that you should consider your hairbrush an investment. There are three things to keep in mind when buying a brush:

1) Look for natural fiber bristles, like boar bristles.

They help move your hair’s natural oils from the scalp along the hair shaft.

2) If 100% boar bristles feel too soft for your hair, try a 50/50 natural and synthetic mix.

3) Stock up. You’ll need a different brush for each different styling job. Paddle brushes for straightening. Barrel or round brushes for styling.

Did you know that rinsing hair in fresh water or club soda after swimming in the ocean or pool can help keep it looking healthy?

Did you know that hats have never been more fashionable and flirtatious, and they do wonders to protect your hair colour from the sun?

Peladophobia is the fear of bald people.Hair fact