Dermatologicals in the Philippines
Growth in dermatologicals remained slow in 2014, with sales inching up by 2%.
This sluggish performance was partly due to the contraction of a number of categories, including antipruritics and haemorrhoid treatments.
The lower incidence of haemorrhoids and skin itching contributed to the declines in antipruritics and haemorrhoid treatments. Total sales of dermatologicals in the local market reached PHP2.1 billion in 2014.
Johnson & Johnson (Philippines) maintained its lead in dermatologicals in 2014, with a value share of 25%. Its Nizoral brand benefits from its established image and positioning through advertising campaigns. Thus, despite its inactivity in 2014, the company was able to maintain the loyalty of consumers.
Growth in dermatologicals is expected to remain sluggish in the forecast period, with a value CAGR of 1% at constant 2014 prices. The consumption of dermatologicals could be limited by Filipinos’ higher spending on beauty and personal care products, which are deemed to give the same benefits as dermatologicals.
The higher usage of germicidal/antibacterial soap, liquid soap, feminine wash and anti-dandruff shampoos will undermine the growth of dermatologicals. The lower prices of beauty and personal care products, coupled with manufacturers’ investment in aggressive promotional campaigns, could be detrimental to the category.
Full Report Details at – http://www.fastmr.com/prod/1014962_dermatologicals_philippines.aspx
Discover the latest market trends and uncover sources of future market growth for the Medicated Skin Care industry in Philippines with research from Euromonitor’s team of in-country analysts.
Find hidden opportunities in the most current research data available, understand competitive threats with our detailed market analysis, and plan your corporate strategy with our expert qualitative analysis and growth projections.
If you’re in the Medicated Skin Care industry in Philippines, our research will save you time and money while empowering you to make informed, profitable decisions.
The Medicated Skin Care in Philippines market research report includes:
* Analysis of key supply-side and demand trends
* Detailed segmentation of international and local products
* Historic volumes and values, company and brand market shares
* Five year forecasts of market trends and market growth
* Robust and transparent market research methodology, conducted in-country
Our market research reports answer questions such as:
* What is the market size of Medicated Skin Care in Philippines?
* What are the major brands in Philippines?
* What are the most popular formats for acne treatments?
Reasons to Get this Report
* Gain competitive intelligence about market leaders
* Track key industry trends, opportunities and threats
* Inform your marketing, brand, strategy and market development, sales and supply functions